The weather station is a building in Tropico 4. Weather stations use sophisticated instruments to predict the weather and, if additional equipment is purchased, can foretell natural disasters, giving the island an early warning system and helping to prepare against destruction and deaths.
- Seismic Detector: Detects the early vibrations of impending earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, helping to minimize their danger. Costs $5,000.
- Tsunami Early Warning System: Predicts oncoming tsunamis, helping to minimize their danger. Costs $10,000 and requires 5 megawatts of power.
- Storm Detection: Monitors the currents of wind to predict incoming tornadoes and hurricanes, helping to minimize their danger. Costs $7,500.
- Truthful Reports: The default setting, where the weathermen report the weather as accurately as possible.
- Always Sunny: The weathermen play up reports of the island's good weather, boosting the tourism rating by 5 and attracting 2 more immigrants per ship.
- Always Rainy: The weathermen play up reports of the island's bad weather, dropping the tourism rating by 5 and attracting 2 fewer immigrants per ship.