The USSR was founded on the principles of Communism and is primarily concerned with the welfare of the Communist faction. Apart from that, the USSR mainly wants mined resources and a steady stream of Tropican alcohol.
The USSR operates an intelligence agency called the KGB (Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti or Committee for State Security). If relations with the USSR fall too low, agents of the KGB may begin plotting against the island. It's possible for a presidente to have risen to power by being installed by the KGB, boosting their relationship with the Communists and the USSR and allowing the uneducated to become soldiers but giving Tropicans low hopes for liberty and democracy.
- Spiced Rum
- The Moscow U. background
- The Communist Rebellion, Elected as Socialist, and Installed by the KGB rises to power.
- The Alcoholic and Diplomatic traits
- +20 - Good or excellent relations with the Communists
- +20 - A tendency or orientation towards Communism (higher relations with the Communists than the Capitalists)
- +10 - most favoured trade partner (having the most exports/imports with them)
- +10 - Being allied to USSR.
- 'Pro-USSR' foreign policies
- The Harvard U. background.
- The Great Schmoozola and Jingo traits
- -10 - Poor relations with the Communists
- -15 - A tendency or orientation towards Capitalism (higher relations with the Capitalists than the Communists)
- -10 - Having a national debt
- 'Pro-US' foreign policies
- -10 - Allies of the US
Rewards for Good RelationsEdit
- Extra foreign aid
- Although the USSR historically collapsed in 1991, this event isn't modeled in the Tropico games prior to Tropico 5 and the USSR will remain well after this date.
- The flag used to represent the USSR in the in-game trade section of Tropico 4 is not actually the flag of the Soviet Union.