In response to the USSR's Communist ideals, the US is heavily aligned with Capitalism and the Capitalist faction . Their primary concern for Tropico is developing the island into a tourist destination and source of cash crops and luxuries.
The US operates an intelligence agency called the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency). If relations with the US fall too low, agents of the CIA may begin plotting against the island. It's possible for a presidente to have risen to power by being installed by the CIA, boosting their relationship with the Capitalists and the US and getting a check for $2,000 each year but giving Tropicans low hopes for liberty and democracy.
- Canned Coffee
- Crude Oil
- Freeze-dried Coffee
- Machine Cigars
- Nutrient Additives
- The Harvard U., Pop Singer, or Self-Made Man backgrounds.
- The Capitalist Rebellion, Elected as Capitalist, Hotel Corporate Buyout, Installed by the CIA, or Velvet Revolution rises to power.
- The Compulsive Gambler and Diplomatic traits
- +20 - Good or excellent relations with the Capitalists
- +20 - Orientated towards Capitalism (Difference between the relations between Capitalists and Communists is over 20 points in favor of the Capitalists)
- +10 - Tendency towards Capitalism (You have higher relations with Capitalists than the Communists)
- +20 - High Liberty (liberty happiness above 70)
- +20 - Having praised the US in the last election speech (lasts for 2 years since the speech)
- +10 - most favoured trade partner (having the most exports/imports with them)
- 'Pro-US' foreign policies
- +10 - Having good democracy expectations (having several uncanceled, fraud-free elections in a row).
- +10 - Being allied to US.
- +10 - Booking the Headliner.
- The Moscow U. background.
- The Flatulence, Great Schmoozola, Jingo, Pompous, and Tourette Syndrome traits
- -10 - Bad relations with the Capitalists (Cold or worse)
- -15 - Orientated towards Communism (Difference between the relations between Capitalists and Communists is over 20 points in favor of the Communists)
- -5 - Tendency towards Communism (You have higher relations with the Communists than Capitalists)
- 'Pro-USSR' foreign policies
- -10 - Having a national debt
- -20 - Withholding exports of oil
- -20 - Having bad democracy expectations (Too many cancelled or fraudulent elections)
- -10 - Allies of the USSR
Rewards for Good RelationsEdit
- Extra foreign aid
- Tourism boost