Steel Mills are industry buildings in Tropico 5. They must be unlocked by researching the Steel technology in the World Wars Era. Coal and iron minerals are processed into steel either for export or to be used in Vehicle Factories.
Steel Mills are very important to our nature. As you know, steel is produced by combining coal and iron. The by-product carbon is released to be used as the basis for all biological life on Earth.
- Electric Arc Furnace - $5000: The Steel Mill consumes %20 less raw resources but begins to consume 220 MW of electricity.
- Rolling Shop - $3000: Effectiveness is increased by 20 but the Budget of the Steel Mill is increased by %20 as well.
- Smelter Mill - $4000: Effectiveness is increased by 20 but the Steel Mill produces %30 more pollution.
- Inputs 100 Coal per month from storage of capacity 1000 units.
- Inputs 500 Iron per month from storage of capacity 5000 units.
- Produces 600 Steel per month into storage of capacity of 5000 units.
- Optimal 1 Coal Mine (each 400 production per month for 100% effectiveness) and 2 Iron Mines (each 300 production per month for 100% effectiveness).
- Monthly Profit = (Steel Cost * Amount - Coal Cost * Amount - Iron Cost * Amount)/1000 = (2700 * 600 - 500 * 100 - 1200 * 500)/1000 = $970
- Standing Component - capitalists +5, industrialists +5, environmentalists -10.
- Pollution - 45 over 19 tiles (!!).