For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Rum Distillery.
A Rum Distillery is an industrial building in Tropico 5. Workers here ferment sugar with yeast to produce rum, a sweet Caribbean spirit.
Rum - the liquid currency of Tropico and the coffee of the enlightened man. Rum - the perfect remedy for all diseases. The only problems we have in the distillery come when a worker falls in the vats. The ungrateful sods will fight to the death rather than allow for someone to pull them out.
- Dunder Still: For $5,000, the distillery can begin making use of its dunder, making it require 25% less sugar.
- Electric Stills: For $5,000 and 150 megawatts of power, the distillery can be equipped with electric stills, increasing its effectiveness by 20.
- Supply Local Market: For $5,000, the distillery can begin stocking the domestic market with its goods, increasing the effectiveness of taverns, restaurants, and night clubs by 10 (to a maximum of 20) in 19 tiles radius.
- Inputs 600 Sugar per month from storage of capacity 6000 units.
- Produces 600 Rum per month into storage of capacity of 6000 units.
- Optimal 2 Sugar Plantations (each 300 production per month for 100% effectiveness).
- Monthly Profit = (Rum Cost * Amount - Sugar Cost * Amount)/1000 = (2700 * 600 - 800 * 600)/1000 = $1140
- Standing Component - capitalists +5, industrialists +5, environmentalists -10.
- Pollution - none