The Middle East is a minor power in Tropico 4.
Because the Middle Eastern economy is heavily reliant on oil, the region is friendly to buyers and very wary of any competitors. The region is Muslim and distrustful of nations that build too many Christian houses of worship.
- Oil Products
- Smoked Beef
- Crude Oil
- The Diplomatic, Ugly, and Well-Travelled traits.
- +15 - Bad Relations with the US (cold)
- +15 - Not exporting Crude Oil (Not Exporting Crude Oil or having it appear your Almanac Exports)
- +15 - Importing Crude Oil (A crude oil shipment isn't necessary, allowing imports is enough via Refinery)
- 'Neutral' foreign policies
- +10 - having favored trade partner status (export/import the most with them).
- After 1960, having bad relations with the USSR.
Although you don't receive a penalty for exporting crude oil, you lose the positive modifier
Rewards for Good RelationsEdit
- Increased price of Oil Products (20% increase)
- Random occasional gift of $30,000
Penalties for Bad RelationsEdit
- Embargo of all the goods they export.
- The flag used to represent the Middle East in the in-game trade menu is that of the Arab League, a regional organization of 22 countries in North Africa and Southwest Asia whose populations are primarily Arab or closely related to Arab.