For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Jewelry Factory.
Jewelry factories are industry buildings in Tropico 3 and Tropico 4. Workers here take raw Gold and shape it into expensive Jewelry for sale. These factories have a much higher job quality than other industrial buildings.
- Skylights: For $3,000, skylights can be installed in the roof of the otherwise dark and dreary factory, improving the quality of jobs here by 15%.
- Jewelers' Guild: For $5,000, the factory workers can form a guild to learn and teach their craft, increasing the rate that workers here gain experience by 50%.
- Finishing Shop: For $16,000 and 10 megawatts of power, an expansion to the factory where jewelry can be detailed and polished can be built, making the factory produce more expensive Fine Jewelry instead of regular Jewelry.
- Sweat Shop: The default work mode. Employees here work backbreaking 14 hour long shifts.
- Easy-Does-It: Employees here are given an easier time. Their job quality increases by 10 but they work 25% less.