For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Immigration Office.
- Open Doors: Allows anyone who wants a new home to come to the island. This attracts a large number of immigrants, almost all of them very poor and uneducated. The Nationalists hate this policy.
- Skilled Workers: The bureaucrats work to attract immigrants who are educated experts. Depending on their skill, some immigrants will have High School or College educations.
- Tropico First: Forbids any free immigration to Tropico, only letting tourists and specifically hired foreign experts to arrive. In Tropico 3, this is the only policy the Nationalists approve of.
- Love It or Leave It: Starts a campaign of getting unhappy citizens to emigrate from the island instead of protesting or joining the rebels.
- No Emigration: Forbids all current citizens, regardless of unhappiness, from ever leaving the island. For some reason, China doesn't like this immigration policy. This is most likely a bug, since it seems they would like the Tropico First policy the least.