An Embassy is an economy & foreign relations building in Tropico 5. Each embassy can accomodate a single foreign power. Once a foreign power has been invited to an embassy, Tropico can begin making an annual diplomatic action. Even if more than one embassy is built, Tropico can only take an action (besides expelling a country) every 12 months.
- You know what they say about embassies - what happens in the embassy stays in the embassy. That's why we can't tell many jokes about the embassy. It's out of our jurisdiction. Allows the establishing of diplomatic relations with a single foreign power.
- Expel: Kicks the foreign power out of the embassy, freeing it up for another power but harming relations with the expelled region.
- Praise: Praises and shows overt support for the foreign power, raising relations with it.
- Delegation: If relations with a foreign power are at least Warm (60 or above), Tropico can request a special task from them. Completing this task not only raises relations further but also grants the island a reward.
- Alliance: If relations with a foreign power are at least Cordial (80 or above), Tropico can request a special task from them. Completing this task will sign an alliance with the power, making them provide more foreign aid and aid sending reinforcements in the event of an invasion by a rival power. Tropico can only be allied to one power at a time. The alliance persists even if relations drop, but Tropico can only leave the alliance if relations are Cordial.
- Although the embassy is not classified as a unique building, there is a limit to how many Embassies can be placed based on the number of superpowers that are active during a given era.