Communists are concerned with Tropico's welfare and quality of life, desiring basic essentials like housing, food, and healthcare for all of the island's citizens. On average, the Communist faction is the largest faction in Tropico, typically only matched by the Religious.
How you treat your island's Communists affects your relations with the USSR.
- People who live near a newspaper where the Voice of the Worker is published will slowly be persuaded to support the Communists.
- People who attend movie theaters where Russian classics are screened have a chance of becoming Communists.
- If the nuclear shelter is set to save everyone regardless of class in the event of a disaster, more people will be persuaded to become Communists.
- The Farmer, Leftist Author, Man of the People, Miner, and Moscow U. backgrounds.
- The Communist Rebellion, Elected as Socialist, and Installed by the KGB rises to power.
- The Multiple Personality Disorder, Populist, and Sociable traits.
- Adequate Housing (less than 20 shacks)
- Ample Food Supplies (less than 3 starving citizens)
- Good Healthcare (over 50% healthcare satisfaction)
- The Free Housing edict
- Communists in Tropico 3 want a power plant to be built, low unemployment (less than 20 unemployed citizens), and low economic disparity (less than 100%) as minor demands.
Rebel Incursion - Angered by the plight of the common people on the island, Communists from around the world will travel to Tropico to join the rebels in their fight against you.
- Ultimately, communists care about access to housing, healthcare, and food, while capitalists care about high profits and low crime. Because these two goals don't conflict, citizens can support both factions at the same time.
|Tropico 4 Factions|
|Capitalists • Communists • Intellectuals • Religious • Militarists • Environmentalists • Nationalists • Loyalists|