China is a minor power in Tropico 4.
Although officially a repressive Communist state, China tends to experiment with free markets and other Capitalist concepts and appreciates others who "mix and match" both economic ideas. With its massive population, China is always seeking new sources of basic food and places for its people to live. The nation is Tropico's sole source of Luxury Goods.
- Canned Fish
- Canned Pineapple
- Goat Cheese
- Llama Wool
- Luxury Goods
- The Diplomatic, Multiple Personality Disorder, and Well-Travelled traits.
- Importing Luxury Goods
- 'Open Doors' immigration policy
- 'Neutral' foreign policies
- Low Liberty
- Bad relations with the USSR
- The Velvet Revolution rise to power.
- "'No Immigration'" immigration policy (Bugged: Appears when your immigration policy is set to 'No Emigration,' the policy which forbids people from leaving Tropico, instead of 'Tropico First,' the policy which forbids people from arriving.)
- Allies of the USSR
Rewards for Good Relations
- Increased price of Canned Goods
- Decreased cost for Luxury Goods
- The ability to ask for development aid.