For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Aerodrome.
The aerodrome is a building in Tropico 4: Modern Times that takes the place of airports. Though the main structure is much bigger than its predecessor, the building itself takes up the same amount of space. It brings in even more tourists to the island and, unlike airports, can bring immigrants to Tropico too.
- Charter Flights: For $10,000, the aerodrome can be equipped to handle smaller, charter planes, allowing more tourists to visit the island.
- Second Terminal: For $20,000 and 10 megawatts of power, an expansion to the aerodrome can be built, doubling the number of tourists and immigrants coming to the island.
- Duty-Free Shop: For $10,000, a shop exempt from paying taxes can be built in the aerodrome, persuading tourists to bring 50% more money with them.
- Coach Service: The aerodrome provides a standard service that allows for all types of tourists.
- First Class Service: The aerodrome provides a more selective and luxurious service, increasing the upkeep to $60 a month and decreasing the number of tourists arriving by 30%, but ensuring that only wealthy tourists will arrive by plane.